Welcome to the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County
The Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County (WIB) is a legislatively mandated entity whose role is to set public policy and provide community input and direction on workforce development issues in Ramsey County.
A Message from the WIB Chair
Welcome to the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County’s newly redesigned website! The new website provides valuable information and links to beneficial tools for both job seekers and businesses. It also highlights the outcomes of the workforce development system in Ramsey County and the work of the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County (WIB).James McClean
The WIB exists to:
- Help maintain the economic health of Ramsey County
- Identify current and emerging workforce issues and needs
- Create partnerships to serve the needs of businesses and job seekers
- Oversee publicly-funded workforce programs in Ramsey County
The WIB is uniquely structured to guide workforce development in Ramsey County by:
- Connecting local education, business, and community experts to align resources for the mutual benefit of employers and job seekers in our community
- Reviewing Annual Labor Market Assessments which identify the industries and specific jobs that are in demand locally
- Connecting with local business leaders to understand their needs
WIB 2013-2015 Strategic Objectives
- Alignment: Create strategic regional alignment to address workforce needs
- Integration: Develop and utilize integrated approaches to address our workforce supply and demand gaps
- Marketing: Market workforce services to multiple constituency groups, especially the business community, and raise the profile of the WIB
Download: The WIB’s Strategic Plan
Social and Economic Conditions
Future Labor Shortage
Minnesota and Ramsey County have enjoyed thriving economies due in large part to a well-educated, highly skilled workforce. While the current conditions are presenting additional challenges, the retirement of the baby boomers and changes in skill requirements for future jobs requires attention. The WIB continues to focus on solutions to these critical issues.
Forces Shaping Economy
Although Ramsey County ranks high in workforce readiness and many social/economic indicators, past performance does not ensure future results.
Four interrelated mega-forces are shaping Minnesota’s economy:
- Energy prices
Keys to Workplace Success
The WIB is one of the keys that unlocks the door leading to workforce success and economic prosperity in Ramsey County. We harness the power of businesses, government and the community to identify and develop strategies and solutions to current and emerging workforce needs.
We’ve Got Your Number
Labor Market Information – Nothing tells a story like numbers. And here is where we let them do the talking. Our data and data tools provide a comprehensive, nuts-and-bolts look at Minnesota’s economy and workforce.
To apply for Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County membership, please submit your contact information or complete the WIB Membership Application.
@ 2015 Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County
2098 11th Avenue East | North Saint Paul, MN 55109 | Phone: 651.779.5653