Welcome to the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County
The Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County (WIB) is a legislatively mandated entity whose role is to set public policy and provide community input and direction on workforce development issues in Ramsey County.
The WIB is pleased to present our 2017 business report which highlights major outcomes and workforce development innovations.
Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County 2017 Annual Business Report
(renders best with browsers: Firefox or Google Chrome)
If you would like a hard copy, please email Rebecca Milbrandt at email@example.com.
Nominations for the 2019 Vern Vick Memorial Award opening February 1!
The Vern Vick Memorial Award is dedicated to the memory of Vern Vick, a widely respected member of the community, an inspirational leader and a role model in the field of youth development. Throughout his life, Vern dedicated himself to working with and improving the lives of Ramsey County’s youth through his long-term involvement in education as well as his participation in organizations and activities designed to develop the full potential of our County’s youth. Each year, the Vern Vick Memorial Award is given to an individual possessing that same passion for supporting and empowering Ramsey County’s youth through personal, academic or career development. Please consider nominating a deserving individual for this prestigious honor. Nominations will be open February 1 through March 15, 2019.
A Message from the WIB Chair
Welcome to the Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County’s (WIB) website! The website provides valuable information and links to beneficial tools for both job seekers and businesses. It also highlights the outcomes of the workforce development system in Ramsey County and the work of the WIB.
The WIB exists to:
- Help maintain the economic health of Ramsey County
- Identify current and emerging workforce issues and needs
- Create partnerships to serve the needs of businesses and job seekers
- Oversee publicly-funded workforce programs in Ramsey County
The WIB is uniquely structured to guide workforce development in Ramsey County by:
- Connecting local education, business, and community experts to align resources for the mutual benefit of employers and job seekers in our community
- Reviewing Annual Labor Market Assessments which identify the industries and specific jobs that are in demand locally
- Connecting with local business leaders to understand their needs
WIB Strategic Plan
- Business Services: Market workforce services to multiple constituency groups, especially the business community, and raise the profile of the WIB
- Integration: Develop and utilize integrated approaches to address workforce supply and demand gaps
- Policy: Create strategic regional alignment to address workforce needs
- Youth: Provide recommendations relative to policy direction and program oversight for implementation of WIOA and other funded youth activities; and to develop, implement and monitor a long-range plan for the Youth Committee
Download: The WIB’s Strategic Plan
Social and Economic Conditions
Future Labor Shortage
Forces Shaping Economy
Although Ramsey County ranks high in workforce readiness and many social/economic indicators, past performance does not ensure future results.
Four interrelated mega-forces are shaping Minnesota’s economy:
- Energy prices
Keys to Workplace Success
We’ve Got Your Number
Labor Market Information – Nothing tells a story like numbers. And here is where we let them do the talking. Our data and data tools provide a comprehensive, nuts-and-bolts look at Minnesota’s economy and workforce.
To apply for Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County membership, please submit your contact information or complete the WIB Membership Application.
WorkForce Center Testimonial
@ 2015 Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County
2266 2nd Street N. | North Saint Paul, Minnesota 55109 | Phone: 651-266-6004