Help for Career Seekers
Article: Five Things Employers Want to Know About You, Posted January 20, 2016 – Minnesota Department of Economic Development.
Are you looking for a career change? Do you need services to help you find work? If so visit the following:
- Minnesota DEED
- Workforce Solutions, Ramsey County
- Job Connect
- Construction Hiring Connection
The Role of the WIB
The WIB serves job seekers and business by providing oversight and guidance to employment and training programs administered by Workforce Solutions. The WIB does this by:
- Defining strategic priorities
- Approving long-term plans
- Reviewing progress vs. goals
- Addressing barriers to success
Good Return on Investment
The following programs, administered by Workforce Solutions, earned an average overall return on investment of more than 200% in 2013.
- Dislocated Worker Program – Serves laid-off workers with career counseling and job search strategies to become re-employed.
- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult Program – Aids low-income adults by training and placing them in occupations that move them toward self-sufficiency.
- Youth: WIA and Minnesota Youth Program – Helps at-risk youth develop basic skills and good work habits.
- Cash Assistance Employment Programs such as Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
@ 2015 Workforce Innovation Board of Ramsey County
121 7th Place E | Saint Paul, Minnesota 55101 | Phone: 651-266-6004